1 (edited by marionun 25-03-2014 23:05:19)

Topic: A complete history of our posts, with links (Ex. blogger)

Hi everybody!

I'm just an user with a tiny comprehension of programming (just to change colours and to understand what are the parts of a website).

I left blogger (personal reasons), but I really liked when you had access to any post just by a click in the "table of contents" of the sidebar.

If you could do anything about that...

That is only a suggestion, I understand the huge work you do and I thank you for that.

Congratulations for this CMS.

PS. Another thing I liked was the most viewed posts...

Re: A complete history of our posts, with links (Ex. blogger)

Hello marinun,
the table of contents like a wiki ?

Enjoy Nibbleblog!

regards

3 (edited by marionun 26-03-2014 23:44:33)

I copy de structure from blogger, so you can understand:

Archive

(v)2014 (8)

(v) march (2)

Post1

Post2

(>)february (3)
        (>)january (3)

(>)2013 (26)

This is an archive of the posts. When you click in (>) it shows you (v) what it is inside the year or the month....

Each post has a link and you can read it. It is very easy to access and to share with the social buttons I took from the techie theme...

Thank you! smile

@admin and contributors

If I may suggest a feature for a monthly archive made in a sligthly different way.....

A drop down menu like on this page: http://michaelalexander.blog.com/

If for some reason that web page should be down if/when someone checks I have these screendumps.

1. http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/965/1888135497.png
- Opening up the drop down list

2. http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/965/3625632426.png
- Result after chosing archive for "Dec 2011"

Only real downside I can see with this (if any) is that someone that makes several posts each day, will have a huge page to load but honestly...... Is that really a big issue? smile

This solution doesn't really look that hard to add, but then again.... I'm not an awesome developer/coder. smile

/Michael

5 (edited by Schlumpfuk 26-09-2015 01:08:49)

Hi murko,

I had a similar problem when I converted from another blogging system to NB .... At the time to resolve the problem I had an independent script which I ran daily via cron on my Solaris system to generate an XML file which I then included into a simple plugin I created; not ideal but it worked!

I have just this this week revisited my archive plugin and have started to recode using php allowing me to generate the archive data dynamically --- it works but I have a quirky problem with SEO which I am trying to resolve, as soon as I have ironed out the quirky bits I will share the plugin with the NB community.

Here is a current screenshot of the pulldown menu for the archive plugin i an working on:-)
Beta release for archive plugin for nibbleblog

That looks just like the one I mentioned and if so, totally awesome smile
The issues with SEO is nothing I care about just right now since my host somehow doesn't allow me to use SEO. It doesn't seem to care about my .htaccess -file at all. I always get a 404-issue when activating SEO so I'm not using that right now till Ifigure out if I'm doing something wrong or if it's my host that has this standard.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, that you will manage the quirky bits smile

Schlumpfuk wrote:

Hi murko,

Here is a current screenshot of the pulldown menu for the archive plugin i an working on:-)
Beta release for archive plugin for nibbleblog

Hi there again Martin. The image is a no-show and your web seems down. Just wanted to check and see if this one made it out of the box somehow? Don't remember how it looked like, but my pics are still up in the post above yours so.....  I guess something like that smile

Checked your page on github and didn't see anything there so maybe you didn't follow through with this one?

I'm still very interested in a feature&plugin as this one so if you got any news, please let me know smile