Topic: Where Can I See A List Of Helpers for themes like Theme::, Page:: etc

Does anyone know where I can see a full list of helpers for themes like Theme::, Page:: etc.

I have looked at http://docs.nibbleblog.com/post/helpers-for-themes/ and Constants, variables and objects

However when I examine the themes AO and Simpler to get an idea of how they work so I can create my own theme I find that they use things like Theme::meta_tags(); and <?php echo Page::content() ?>

I haven't seen these in any of the online documentation. Is there somewhere else I should be looking to understand how to make my own theme?

Thanks
Vaughan

Re: Where Can I See A List Of Helpers for themes like Theme::, Page:: etc

Just found it using a google search.

I needed to look at http://blog.nibbleblog.com/post/templates-variables/

Hi, the link you have found is from 2012, so I don't really know if the list is updated with regards of the latest version.

Here you can find the code for all the helpers available: https://github.com/dignajar/nibbleblog/ … el/helpers

The way these functions work is actually pretty simple. The Theme:: (deprecated, I believe), Page::, etc. are the name of the PHP classes (or files) that contain the function. For instance, the blog.class.php file has a function that returns the blog's name, which would be called by using Blog::title() where you want it to appear

Hope this helps

Thanks RMed for the above.

I am creating a website using Nibblleblog where 30 pages will be brochure type marketing material and I'm going to include a blog section.

I was looking to find out how to use a page slug in my main menu link navigation. Can I use something like
<a href="<?php echo $page['slug'] ?>"><?php Page::title() ?></a>

is this the best way?

Thanks

What I'm trying to achieve is :

<li class="<?php if (Page::title()=="Home") {echo "active"; } else  {echo "noactive";}?> bg-hover-color"><a href="<?php echo $page['slug']="Home" ?>">Home</a></li>
<li class="<?php if (Page::title()=="Services") {echo "active"; } else  {echo "noactive";}?> bg-hover-color"><a href="<?php echo $page['slug']="Services" ?>">Services</a></li>
<li class="<?php if (Page::title()=="Portfolio") {echo "active"; } else  {echo "noactive";}?> bg-hover-color"><a href="<?php echo $page['slug']="Portfolio" ?>">Portfolio</a></li>

{echo "active"; } else  {echo "noactive";} is so that I can have to tab button of the menu bar highlighted for the current page that I am on.

I remember a similar conversation I had in another post. Although I'm not quite sure about the {echo "active"; } and {echo "noactive";} parts, if you created the pages through the Nibbleblog admin panel, you could display their link and title the same way the pages plugin does. An example of this would be:

<a href="<?php echo $pages[1]['permalink']; ?>"><?php echo $pages[1]['title']; ?></a>

Where the index number can be found, if you have advanced options for posts enabled in settings, in the Position box (just below the editor) when you edit a page.

Hi RMed,

Very useful tip.

However, when I create a page via Manage Page and use any of the themes like Echo, Notes II, Simpler 2 or Techie and I click on the Services tab for the page I created, I get:
Not Found

The requested URL /{mywebsite}/page/services/ was not found on this server.

I get this when I try:
<a href="<?php echo $pages[1]['services']; ?>"><?php echo $pages[1]['Services']; ?></a>

I'm at a loss to the solution.

Sorry I should have explained better. Suppose that you have created 5 different pages, the way to access those pages would be by using their position (right under the editor when creating/editing the page), like so:

$pages[POSITION NUMBER HERE]

Now suppose that your Services page is in position 5. In order to get its link and title, you simply have to write:

<a href="<?php echo $pages[5]['permalink']; ?>"><?php echo $pages[5]['title']; ?></a>

Note that the only thing you change is the number, ['permalink'] and ['title'] are there to tell the page that you want its permalink and title.

Thanks RMed,

My navigation with links to static pages are working now. Your help was much appreciated.

Vaughan

Hi everyone,

@vaughanvw67, how did you get the "active" or "current" class for <li> tag in navigation menu?

English isn't my native language. Sorry for any mistakes you may find.